Arab Watch Coalition
The Arab Watch Coalition (AWC) partners with civil society in the region to influence international financial institutions (IFIs) to promote for just, inclusive, participatory, and sustainable development. AWC is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization registered in the US.
AWC is seeking a qualified individual to join our Morocco-based team to support work in our focus countries: Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Lebanon, Jordan, and Iraq. The successful candidate will be integrated into our informal, dynamic, team-oriented structure and will have the opportunity to interact with civil society across the MENA region, engage in advocacy activities, and assist in logistics tasks and developing reports.
The successful candidate will work closely with a small team based in Morocco and in Washington, DC and civil society groups in the MENA region, and with the support of this team will be responsible for such activities as:
- Communicating and coordinating in with AWC’s civil society members and partners in the MENA region, by phone, email, and other online apps.
- Maintaining updated reports, records and files on AWC different activities.
- Maintaining updated financial records.
- Providing research assistance as needed.
- Contributing in Updating and streamlining website and social media platforms content
- Contributing in Media and communications plans and Producing and publishing a quarterly newsletter
- Contributing to grant proposals and reports
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as international development, international relations, political science, or regional studies
- 3-5 years of relevant experience through a job, internship, activism, and/or volunteering,
- Fluent writing and editing skills in Arabic.
- English language skills preferred
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of issues related to international financial institutions, development, environment, social justice, accountability, and economic inclusion.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Media and communication skills
This full-time position is available immediately, and a successful candidate would ideally start by mid-September, 2020. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Send a cover letter, resume, and short English and/or Arabic writing sample to email@example.com with “AWC assistant” in the subject line by Sunday, September 6, 2020.
AWC is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of race, gender, disability, age, national origin, or sexual orientation.