Arab Watch Coalition
The Arab Watch Coalition (AWC) partners with civil society in the region to influence international financial institutions (IFIs) to promote for just, inclusive, participatory, and sustainable development. AWC is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization registered in the US.
AWC is seeking a qualified individual to join our Morocco-based team to support work in our focus countries: Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Lebanon, Jordan, and Iraq. The successful candidate will be integrated into our informal, dynamic, team-oriented structure and will have the opportunity to interact with civil society across the MENA region, engage in advocacy and analysis of IFIs funded projects, and assist in developing country and case studies.
The successful candidate will work closely with a small team based in Morocco and in Washington, DC and civil society groups in the MENA region, and with the support of this team will be responsible for such activities as:
- Communicating and coordinating in with AWC’s civil society members and partners in the MENA region, by phone, email, and other online apps.
- Regularly looking for, and communicating, updates on IFIs funded projects in the region.
- Providing technical and research support to researchers working on county and case studies on IFIs’ response to Covid-19 in their countries.
- Editing and synthesizing the above country and cases studies to highlights common findings, trends, lessons learned, and asks.
- Writing and translating brief articles in English and Arabic for AWC’s website
- Updating and streamlining website and social media platforms
- Contributing in the media an communication plan and implementation in addition to Producing and publishing a quarterly newsletter
- Contributing to grant proposals and reports
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as international development, international relations, political science, or regional studies
- 3-5 years of relevant experience through a job, internship, activism, volunteering, and/or a Master’s degree in a related field Experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English , Arabic, and French with experience in written English-Arabic translation and vise versa
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of issues related to international financial institutions, development, environment, social justice, accountability, and economic inclusion.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Media and communication skills
This full-time position is available immediately, and a successful candidate would ideally start by mid-September, 2020. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Send a cover letter, resume, and short English and/or Arabic writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “AWC associate” in the subject line by Sunday, September 6, 2020.
AWC is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of race, gender, disability, age, national origin, or sexual orientation.